Monday, August 23, 2010

Bear Bait

We decided to head back to The Interlake Forestry Center and have a wiener roast. We pulled up around 7:00p.m. to completely empty sites. A little creepy, but nice that we could be all alone. Needless to say, I immediately realized that we might just be in bear territory! I mean no one was there, we had food, and there are black bears in this area. I was extremely nervous for about the first 15 minutes of our evening, constantly checking the woods at every sound, including the howls of coyotes I might add. Once I relaxed, it was nice to sit and enjoy the nature and our hot dogs and s'mores! It wasn't until dusk started to settle in that I got a bit nervous again and was ready to get out of there, fast! I am sure we will return, though perhaps leave a bit earlier and maybe some bear spray?
The art of s'more making; melt the chocolate for a perfectly gooey s'more...mmmm.
Delicious "Milka" chocolate from Europe...so milk chocolaty and perfect size for our s'mores.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should buy yourself a bear bell or something. Get some bear spray or both. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves to know what you're thinking...write it down!