Beat your husband at Bananagrams. Trust me, this takes up a lot of time when there are only two players, it feels awesome when you win. But, "I don't play to win...".
Have a picnic on a Sunday afternoon.
This is at a park that is literally across the river from our house. If we could cross it we could walk home in less than five minutes. Note to pregnant self: You burn, wear sunscreen!
Go on lots of walks, 37 weeks pregnant you say... no problems. Honestly, walking has really helped me sleep better and I feel a lot better when I go for at least a 20-30 minute walk each day.
Visit your local attractions. In this case, the Narcisse Snake Dens sufficed. Yep, that's a pile of mating garter snakes. They hibernate in the caves underground all winter then come out in May to mate. Then they go 'travel' for the summer only to return in September to hibernate for the winter. It was pretty cool to see all of the snakes, I wasn't even creeped out. Don't, however, disobey the signs and enter the snake dens. For punishment, Adam got a nasty wood tick on his leg! Now those things give me the creeps.
Don't worry, you are allowed to hold the snakes, as long as you don't hurt them.
The baby and I even got in on the action. We named this one "Monica" before we let her go.
Find a hobby. In my case, sewing. I made these burp clothes today from cloth diapers and leftover flannel fabric that I had. I just cut the flannel, pressed the sides under and used a zig-zag stitch all the way around the edges. Here's hoping they are mostly just a cute accessory and less of a must have due to a pukey baby. I also made this one using leftover pieces from my very first quilt that I made.
I got this adorable piece of fabric from my friend Amy's pile of scrap materials. It was a perfect fit for my last burp cloth.








They turned out great!
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't like the snake pictures but I liked everything else! I didn't believe you when you said you don't play to win!!! Sunscreen you know you need it you are always telling me that!!!
ReplyDeleteI like Adam's shirt that he is wearing in the picnic photo - where did he ever get such a cool shirt.
ReplyDeleteAdam loves his ARMY shirt.
ReplyDelete