I finally got around to making a car seat cover today. I followed this tutorial, mostly. I only had 1 yard of fabric so my measurements are a little smaller, but I made it work and am quite pleased with how lovely it looks. Now I don't just have a boring black car seat and I can keep creepy strangers from touching here when out and about.
I did a contrasting fabric for the lining. Now all we need is a baby girl to go in that car seat...2 weeks and 3 days until the due date!
I used Hushabye Fabric by Tula Pink that I had ordered way back in September, I'm glad I finally had a purpose for this lovely fabric.
This is really lightweight quilting cotton, I plan on making one out of fleece and flannel for the winter months, but I'll save that project for another day.


Nice job, sister! I looove that fabric you chose for "keeping the creeps away", haha!
ReplyDelete