Thursday, December 1, 2011

Butternut Squash Moustache

Mmmmm...Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
 So I picked up some butternut squash and was determined to use it for something fit for a cold winter night.  I found a great recipe online and tweaked it a bit.  I used sweet potato instead of granny smith apple ( I didn't have one), and a small yellow onion instead of shallots (I have yet to see these at our local grocery store).  I also added some curry powder and used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. I also added a dollop of sour cream to the top. DO NOT skip the bacon. It made it taste so delicious!  I will definitely be making this soup again.  
Even Adam, who is not a fan of soup, had seconds.  It was a hit in our house. Oh, and that moustache, this was its last appearance.  You will not be missed.

2 comments:

Everyone loves to know what you're thinking...write it down!